Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX 6900 XT Low DX 12 performance

Hi,
    I'm having issues with DX12 testing with the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT.
    I'm only getting a score of 36

My older RX 5700 XT got 94 score in DX12 in the same machine so I am at a bit of a loss as to how this new flagship card could perform so poorly in comparison.

The overall GPU score is therefore stunted heavily, and the 3D Mark score is totalling 18,428.

I have tried enabling BAR (SAM) and Rage mode but still the score I am getting is only 36.

Here is the full system baseline:
    https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=134388145793

I've tried running a DDU in safe mode and re-installing the latest AMD drivers. Still the same results.

and here is the best result on 3D Mark so far. DX10, DX11 seem ok, but DX12 is below the standard for performance. Granted, there aren't that many samples (I think I am only the 10th!) but I'd like to see if I can get it to where it needs to be.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PerformanceTest 10 2020-12-24 at 12.55.53 PM.0.png Views:	80 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	49549

In case it helps at all, I have also dumped a dxdiag.txt
    It is too long for this post, but can be seen here: DxDiag

Click image for larger version  Name:	DirectX Diagnostic Tool & Head Office Live Feed (Dream PC) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-12-24 at 4.21.33 PM.png Views:	52 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	49550

RX 5700 XT got 94 score in DX12
    If true, this was very high. Maybe highest result for any RX 5700 XT ever.

What monitor resolution are you running?
    Are you running Freesync?

Comment

Hi David,
      Yes, It was using a 1080p 144Hz FreeSync monitor
      A ViewSonic VX2458 to be exact.

The 6900 XT is using the same monitor, if that helps at all.

Comment

You are right about that performance though - very high in comparison the the rest. See pics from the 5700 XT run. I did it a few times and very similar results.
        Regardless of that, surely the 6900XT should be better in DX12 though, right?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello all,
          glad that I found this forum and thread - seeing similar behavior of a new 6900 XT versus an old RTX 2070 Super.

The 6900 XT's G3D score per PT10.1 seems pretty low (18k) in comparison to the 2070S (21537).
          Despite all other scores higher (GPU compute is almost double), the DX9 score is 95 vs. the 2070S having 258.
          I think I've ruled out all other possibilities, like using latest driver, ensuring PCIe X4, proper fit in the slot etc.
          (and just to compare, this 6900 XT scores about 90% more in 3D Mark's benches).

Could it be that DX9 isn't well implemented in AMD's drivers? Asking, because I also tested 2 RX 6800 models, and these too showed pretty disappointing scores vs. the 2070S (at that time however I didn't dig much further, so can't say if it was DX9 related too.

Thanks
          Davy

Comment

Maybe this thread helps some of you/us poor Radeon users... - https://forums.passmark.com/performa...ns?view=thread
            I'm going to play with Anti-Lag, Enhanced Sync, and SAM(ResizeBar) settings and make some comparisons.

Comment

I switched on the enhanced sync option and my DX12 score went from 44 to 179. Anti lag was already enabled and I already had SAM enabled in bios. So if anyone reading this has the same issue see if that fixes your score.

Comment

Originally posted by t0aster View Post
                I switched on the enhanced sync option and my DX12 score went from 44 to 179. Anti lag was already enabled and I already had SAM enabled in bios. So if anyone reading this has the same issue see if that fixes your score.
                That did indeed work - well done and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X