Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX 6800 low 3D MARK / DX9 Score

Hi all,

I recently purchased a RX 6800 and everything is working well except for Performance Test DX9. I am running PT version 10.0 / build 1011.

Click image for larger version

Name:	performancetest.PNG
Views:	1333
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	50135

Yes, DX9 result it should be higher.

Are you using a monitor with FreeSync / G-Sync enabled?

Comment

No, and the frame limiting / vsync settings are all disabled in the relevant settings areas.

I think you would note that limitation elsewhere in Passmark's testing if they were on.

Comment

The AMD software shows ~85% GPU utilization while running the DX9 test.

Comment

Yes, the other 3D test result appear to be fine. Or even slightly above average.

Do you have any 3rd party video software installed. They cause all kinds of problems. e.g. screen sharing, video streaming, video recording, head up display / game overlays, remote desktop, etc...

Tuning / overclocking apps can also sometimes cause a problem.

Comment

No. The only software possibly impacting performance is the Radeon software.

Comment

Any further investigation? Is this an issue with the new Radeon driver?

Comment

Any further investigation?

Errr, ummmm. We aren't investigating.
                The RX 6800 is an expensive card. We don't have one to test with. But the code for the DirectX 9 test is more than 10 year old now, and run on millions of machines. So very low chance of it being a software issue. Yes could be a driver issue. But we aren't in a position to debug AMD's driver or try different settings.

It isn't a common problem. Here is the distribution of results for the RX 6800 card in this DX9 test. No one is getting results as low as yours. So very likely it is some local issue on your machine. Having said that the distribution is pretty broad. So obviously other factors, driver settings, CPU in use, cooling, monitor, etc... effect the result.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RX6800-DX9.png Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	50165

This general page has a list of known problems and solutions for poor PC performance.
                https://www.passmark.com/support/per...erformance.php

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

Errr, ummmm. We aren't investigating.
                  The RX 6800 is an expensive card. We don't have one to test with. But the code for the DirectX 9 test is more than 10 year old now, and run on millions of machines. So very low chance of it being a software issue. Yes could be a driver issue. But we aren't in a position to debug AMD's driver or try different settings.

It isn't a common problem. Here is the distribution of results for the RX 6800 card in this DX9 test. No one is getting results as low as yours. So very likely it is some local issue on your machine. Having said that the distribution is pretty broad. So obviously other factors, driver settings, CPU in use, cooling, monitor, etc... effect the result.

Click image for larger version Name:	RX6800-DX9.png Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	50165

This general page has a list of known problems and solutions for poor PC performance.
                  https://www.passmark.com/support/per...erformance.php

As for the age of the DX9 test, if it is ten years old why still factor it into the 3dscore?

Also, if it is a new driver issue of course it wouldn't be reflected in the score distribution. . . yet.

I suppose there is limited interest from you in having a reliable benchmarking tool and so why should I try to help with improvements. Sorry for wasting your time.

Comment

if it is ten years old why still factor it into the 3dscore
                    DirectX9 is (still) the most common API for games.
                    DX10 & 11 were somewhat of a flop and DX12 was never available in Win7. So developers stayed with DX9 to get maximum compatibility. This is changing now as Win7 dies.

I suppose there is limited interest from you in having a reliable benchmarking tool
                    Sorry we don't have a magic wand to fix your machine.

Comment

I have same problem with GTX 1080TI.
                      There is test that i did 20aug 2020 and today with last version:

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	1216
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	50204

Comment

But with clean install of 10.1 version its works right.
                        Try to delete all versions of perfomance test and install 10.1.

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	1223
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	50206

Comment

Kerosine, I think you were probably using a (poorly) hacked / cracked version of our software. I am guessing you got it from some dodgy Russian download site. In addition to the benchmark results being wrong, these hackers sometimes insert viruses and backdoors into the software.

Getting the software from our site (with valid code signing signature) avoids this.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with my RX6800. I actually tested it on a different pc and it scored 22000 then I swapped it into a new hp omen that I got and it's getting terrible dx9 scores.

It's not the program because I tested the 3060 ti that came with the omen and it scored 22000 with a dx9 score of 253. The rx6800 is getting 50s and 60s.

Comment

So apparently turning on Radeon antilag in the amd software fixes the frame rate. Not really sure why. I apologize for the sound in the videos, 2 year old twins and a 6 year old, you may want to mute.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c8ftevvFk8MMrTc49

Comment

Working...
                              X