• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Graphics test freezes half way through

Hi
    Hardware NP DV9500 running fresh install Windows 7 with latest updates
    DXDIAG reports
    Core Duo CPU T7300 @ " GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS Driver version 9.18.12.4144 (23/02/2015)
    Display 1440x900 Generic PnP Monitor
    Directx11 running

Full test run. Gets to Running Graphics 3D - DirectX10 and then freezes when the end of the green line is under the - (3D - DirectX) in the title. Prior to this it reported unable to use desired resolution of 1650x1080 (Not surprising as max is 1440x900!)

tests->3d Graphcs->Directx11 reports 'Failed to create 3D environment. Most likely card does not support DirectX11 (Why did windows install Directx11?)
    Tests-3D Graphics->Directx10 reports unable to use desired resolution of 1650x1080 (Not surprising as max is 1440x900!) runs for c.20 secs and then crashes

Advanced->3D Graphics
    Directx11 - as above
    Directx10 Resolution 1440x900 crashes
    Directx9 complex Works fine

So what is this trying to tell me?
    How do I run a full set of benchmark tests?
    I should use Directx9 or what
    TFAI

Yes it seems this card is unable to run DX11 and while it's possible it can run DX10 the driver is likely pretty unsupported.

Only a handful of cards in the database seem able to run the DX10 test long enough to get a result (likely there is a crash occurring in the device driver during the test).

If you wanted to submit your baseline, from the V8.0 Build 1049 release it's no longer required to have the all the 3D test complete (or be detected as unable to run) before submitting a baseline. So as long as you're run all the other tests (there are options under the Tests menu to run each section individually) you can only run the DX9 tests and skip the rest.

If you are wanting to run the baseline regularly / on several of the same system types without the need for running the test sections individually then you can create a script to run with all the tests except the DX10/DX11/DirectCompute tests. There is more information about scripting under the "Other information" section of the help file.

Comment

Working...
    X