Click image for larger version

Name:	DirectX 10 fail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	35230

Hi, as the title says, I'm having a problem with the DirectX 10 test which is "unable to run at the desired resolution" - that's what the software says - and penalizes the outcome of 3% when I'm able to make it run at a different resolution (1680 x 990). Basically. when the test screen comes up it's all black and frozen, along with everything else (meaning I cannot use my pc) until I call up the task manager via hot keys (ctrl+alt+del), then drag the test window, even very slightly, and only then does the actual test begin. That's when I can read the different resolution warning; this happens both when I run the test singularly and when I run all tests. I've tried running my GPU at both stock and OC clocks but I get the same outcome; same goes for my CPU: I've run it @ 4.2, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 Ghz and I still get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's my system:

Asrock Z97 Extreme6
Intel I7-4790K @ 4.2 (underclocked) + Cooler Master Nepton 280
G.Skill Tridentx 2400 Mhz DDR3 2x8GB
Asus GTX 960 Strix Direct CU II OC Edition
Samsung SM951 256GB
OCZ ZX1000W
Windows 8.1 64-bit English

Please note that both OS and drivers are up-to-date!

While I'm here, I may as well report that Passmark's hard disk speed readings are extremely inconsistent; meaning I get very different results independently of the test settings but my SSD, I assure you, always performs the same way or unnoticeably differently.
Thanks, Daniel