PerformanceTest causes a BSOD with string PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformanceTest causes a BSOD with string PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Here's more info with blue screen view. Hardware is a 2017 iMac 21,5 inch with the latest GPU drivers installed
    Attached Files

Your running Windows directly on a Mac, bare metal?

Or is this with Parallels virtual machine? Or VMware, or Wine, something else?

When does the crash happen? At install, during launch, during the actual benchmark run?

Is the hardware know to be good? (i.e. could it be a hardware fault)

Comment

I'm running Windows bare metal with Bootcamp. It happens during the actual benchmark run

Comment

The error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is normally a device driver bug, or a hardware failure.
        Was there any other details on the BSOD. Sometimes there is a device driver name. You can also use Nirsoft's BSOD viewer to check the details of past BSOD to check this.

Can you also,
        1) Narrow down the actual benchmark test that causes the problem. Or it might be random?
        2) Collect the debug log
        https://www.passmark.com/support/per.../debug-log.php

Comment

Sadly Nirsoft's BSOD viewer does not give me anything useful about the cause other than it being caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Comment

ntoskrnl is the Window kernel.

I did some Googleing for you. Seems there are 100,000s of posts of people complaining about BSOD on Mac hardware with Bootcamp. Again it is likely device driver related or a hardware failure. You could try removing all peripherals and see if it helps.

We aren't aware of any problem with our software causing this.

Comment

Well that's a fricking shame, but I do understand. Thanks for the help, and have a great day

Comment

Working...
              X