Database Operations issues on PerformaceTest 11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Operations issues on PerformaceTest 11.0

Everytime I try to run the Database Operations in Performance Test 11.0 latest version. Build 1014 it fails to run. Seem to get 2 or 3 different reasons why. Mostly its says can't write to some darn area ....Had this issue before and I posted a fix for it on Feb 6th 2024 ....but I don't find my post on here anymore showing how I fixed it. ??? I made a change in my bios settings, and posted how I fixed it on here, but that post seems to have been removed. ?? I have same problem now again.
    Mike ....

Here is a screenshot ...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Illegal Instruction.png
Views:	160
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	57101
    Last edited by OldMike65; May-26-2024, 11:34 PM.

What were the exact error message(s)? Or a screen shot?

What are the PC specs. Most of the errors in this test relate to either the machine running out of RAM, or being very very slow and getting a timeout.

We never delete legitimate posts. Maybe it was EMail and not a forum post?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      What were the exact error message(s)? Or a screen shot?

What are the PC specs. Most of the errors in this test relate to either the machine running out of RAM, or being very very slow and getting a timeout.

We never delete legitimate posts. Maybe it was EMail and not a forum post?
      Memory is 32GB DDR5-8000 2 16gb sticks. Memory is fine
      Motherboard is a Asus Apex Z790 ...latest bios
      CPU is the i9-14900KS
      Custom made pc ....made it myself.​

I posted a fix on 2-6-2024 and its gone.

Comment

Just going to add the text of the error here to make is easier to search for in the future

The Exception illegal instruction
        A attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction
        0xC000001D

This isn't an error we have come across before in this context. This type of error would typically occur when running modern code on an old CPU. The modern code would contain some new low level machine code instructions (like SIMD code) that the old CPU couldn't execute. Leading to this type of crash. But in this case your CPU is brand new. So this isn't the cause here.

So more likely the hardware isn't stable and you have data corruption. This would also explain getting several different error messages. These new i9 chips are being pushed to far in terms of clock speeds and power usage. So unfortunately they now have a reputation for being unstable. See also these comments from Intel regarding BIOS settings.

Comment

Just going to add the text of the error here to make is easier to search for in the future

The Exception illegal instruction
          A attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction
          0xC000001D

This isn't an error we have come across before in this context. This type of error would typically occur when running modern code on an old CPU. The modern code would contain some new low level machine code instructions (like SIMD code) that the old CPU couldn't execute. Leading to this type of crash. But in this case your CPU is brand new. So this isn't the cause here.

So more likely the hardware isn't stable and you have data corruption. This would also explain getting several different error messages. These new i9 chips are being pushed to far in terms of clock speeds and power usage. So unfortunately they now have a reputation for being unstable. See also these comments from Intel regarding BIOS settings.
          Good morning David.
          Well this motherboard by ASUS is made to do only one thing ....its made for overclocking. Its only motherboard made by ASUS for overclocking. I was in my bios this morning and tried a couple changes. At least one of them seems to have worked David. I do not have any data corruption at all. When I get that darn error msg in the past its because I made a change in my bios and that affected the Database Operations in Performance Test 11.0. But because I tweak my bios a lot sometimes, I make bios backups Got them stored on a USB stick, don't store them in the bios. Bios updates will delete any backups stored IN the bios. I've been on computers now for about the last 40 years, way before the internet. I love computers. I build my own, got two custom built pc's. Anyhow ....right now David I got it working again. Only made 2 changes in bios. (so far) Going to send you a screenshot I took this morning. Knew it was a bios setting that was causing the error ...just didn't know which one. My Intel chip is running at 59MHz but has since I installed it.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Database2.png Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	57109

Click image for larger version

Name:	My CPU.png
Views:	120
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	57111
          Last edited by OldMike65; May-27-2024, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Its only motherboard made by ASUS for overclocking
            ASUS has two whole ranges of gaming motherboards that support overclocking (ROG & TUF Gaming).

I do not have any data corruption at all
            I can't think of any other explanation for the errors.

My Intel chip is running at 59MHz
            A typo I assume.
            The i9-14900KS should run at up to 6.2Ghz.
            It was the power budgets causing most of the unreliability issues I believe.

Comment

ASUS has two whole ranges of gaming motherboards that support overclocking (ROG & TUF Gaming).

I can't think of any other explanation for the errors.

A typo I assume.
              The i9-14900KS should run at up to 6.2Ghz.
              It was the power budgets causing most of the unreliability issues I believe.
              Well we disagree David as the Apex Z790 is the ONLY motherboard designed by ASUS Just for extreme overclocking. Those 2 boards you mention can be overclocked yes, but not made for one purpose only ...which is to be overclocked. My Intel chip may hit 6.2 at some points ....but it does not run constantly AT 6.2GHz. to run at that high speed I would need a much better cooler on my chip. That's why the Apex Z790 cost more than the other two. The errors I was getting was caused by changes I made tweaking the bios.

Comment

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex

A relentless focus on overclocking makes the Maximus Apex Z790 a dream for upper-echelon enthusiasts. Bountiful power delivery and similarly capable cooling stack the odds in your favor for reaching 6 GHz and higher with the latest 13th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors. PCB trace optimizations allow DDR5 memory to strut timings and frequencies far beyond the capabilities of 4-DIMM-slot designs. A plethora of quality-of-life features and controls afforded by onboard components and software utilities make it all readily accessible for users of all stripes. Get ready for the highest performance numbers... ever.

Designed for extreme overclocking, but a solid all-around option if you’re willing to pay extra

Priced at $900.99 or higher, the Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Apex Encore is an updated motherboard focused on overclocking and pushing your system to its limits. It’s a well-rounded, good-looking, and good-performing board. But unless you’re into extreme overclocking, cheaper options exist.​

Comment

Find it hard to believe that the Apex is even more extreme that the ROG Z790 Maximus Extreme.

Comment

Find it hard to believe that the Apex is even more extreme that the ROG Z790 Maximus Extreme.

Professional overclockers often turn to our Apex motherboards as they chase new world records. Just recently, our overclocking team used the ROG Maximus Z790 Apex to push an Intel Core i9-14900KS CPU past the 9 GHz barrier. The optimized 2-DIMM memory layout of these motherboards lets them reach DRAM timings and frequencies beyond the capabilities of other boards.

Designation Form Factor Defining Characteristic
                    Extreme EATX Exceptional performance and features
                    Apex ATX Cutting-edge overclocking
                    Hero ATX All-around excellent gaming performance
                    Formula ATX Tools for liquid cooling and standout style​

Nothing beats the Apex motherboards as far as overclocking features If there was ... I would have bought it.

An Asus overclocking team led by the esteemed clock-tickler Elmor is responsible for the new CPU world record at an Asus Republic of Gamers overclocking event. Elmor and his crew were able to push the Core i9-14900KS to 9117.75 MHz on an Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Apex motherboard, Mar 15, 2024
                    Last edited by OldMike65; May-27-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X