Automation, license keys, Read Only media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automation, license keys, Read Only media

I really like PT, and especially the automation switches. I would like to build myself a test stick or test CD (perhaps using autorun), so I can run PT on machines without installing it on them, or clicking anything during the test:

Is there a way to turn off CD test and graphics test? I don't want to have to insert a CD rom AND a flash stick, one or the other would be nice.

If I just use a flash stick. I am prompted to insert a CDROM for the CD speed test.

If I just use a CDROM, I get a problem creating 3D textures on a read only media, asking me to click OK...

The CSV, and html command line format options are great (details in help->contents->"Other Info"), but is there a way to get the detailed processor info saved in the binary format (cache size, cpu version, etc) into the csv file? or another text file? I have thought of using the .ini file feature with a small interval, generating a binary file which has the info on one fast warmup run, then generating a csv in a longer second run.

I saw a post about putting the license key in a text file on the media, if you could point me to that info, or the "White Paper" that another poster referred to that would be great too.

Thanks,

John.

We are about to release a new point release of PerformanceTest that I believe covers everything you ask about. Among other features, PerformanceTest V6.1 includes the following:
    - Test scripting. You can specify whichever tests you want (and hence exclude the CD and graphics test);
    - You can now suppress the main test warning dialogs using a new option in Preferences;
    - The build of DirectX9.0c that PerformanceTest uses has been updated to October 2006. This no longer requires write access to the drive (ideal for CD's and Windows Vista);
    - The testing you describe can be done with a script. Note that V6.1 adds a new formatted text report type that includes the System information (such as CPU cache). eg.

# Suppress the main test warnings during the script
    SUPPRESSWARNINGS ON
    # Set the preferences test duration
    SETDURATION 3
    # Run all tests except the 3D and CD tests
    RUN CPU_ALL
    RUN G2D_ALL
    RUN ME_ALL
    RUN DI_ALL
    # Save a Formatted text report
    EXPORTTEXTF "MyResults.txt"
    # Set the preferences test duration
    SETDURATION 30
    # Run all tests except the 3D and CD tests
    RUN CPU_ALL
    RUN G2D_ALL
    RUN ME_ALL
    RUN DI_ALL
    # Save a Formatted TEXT report (append results)
    EXPORTTEXTF "MyResults.txt"
    # OK, start showing the warnings again
    SUPPRESSWARNINGS OFF

Scripts can be run automatically using command line parameter /s <filename> (or from the Test -> Execute script menu option).

Putting your key in a key.dat file is described at:
    http://www.passmark.com/support/pt6_faq.htm
    (section: Q. How can I set-up PerformanceTest to run from a CD or USB memory stick under Windows?)

You can download a Beta of V6.1 from:
    http://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst611000_2.exe
    This is only a Beta and has known issues. We hope to release a public version of V6.1 in the next week.

If you have any problems with this version, please send us email at:
    help [at] passmark [dot] com

Regards,
    Ian
    Last edited by Ian (PassMark); Dec-06-2006, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X