Global linking of testcase templates to other project test cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global linking of testcase templates to other project test cases

Is there a way in TestLog where when you change certain steps in your test cases that you created long time back as templates and which you use as part of a project get reflected in the same test case that you used in your project? If this is not possible, I have so many test cases (old templates) that I need to modify few steps and I will have to do this across all the test cases where this appears in the project.

Also, is there a way I can generate a report on tester progress?

Once test cases are dragged into a project there is no link between the project test cases and the original test case, any changes made won't be reflected.

To report on a single testers progress you could create a filter with a particular tester ID and create a status or progress report using that filter, only test cases with that tester will be added to the report.

Comment

Is there any road map to fix this global linking issue?
      When is the next release planned that includes more reporting capabilities as I read some where in this forum?

Comment

It's something that will be considered when planning the next major version, along with more reporting options. This version is likely to start being developed early next year with a release of Q2 2008.

Comment

Working...
        X