Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking file locks in web interface

Hi Support/Forum,

I have just set up an evaluation copy of V3.0 of TestLog. Ive set IIS up and it is successfully serving the web interface. I am able to view the test cases etc in the databases fine, however im having difficulty unlocking files.

When I click "edit" on a test case the following screen is shown:
    """To unlock file please use the unlock button below.
    Only do this if you are sure the file is not being edited as it could cause data to be lost if the file is currently being edited.
    If not unlocking the file use the back button on your browser to return to the previous display."""

I click the "unlock" button, but the page just reloads and doesnt show the the "edit test case" screen. I have made sure that there is only one user accessing the system at a time, and even closed the standalone application down to just use the web interface, but this still happens.

My IIS logs show the following post when I click the button:
    #Fields: time c-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status
    TL_ACTION=view&TL_DB=SampleDB&TL_TYPE=tcSuite&TL_P ATH=Test%20Cases/V4-Network 200
    17:07:15 10.3.16.12 GET /Testlog/cgi/TestLogCGI.cgi TL_ACTION=edit&TL_DB=SampleDB&TL_TYPE=tc&TL_PATH=T est%20Cases/V4-Network/001 200
    17:07:15 10.3.16.12 POST /Testlog/cgi/TestLogCGI.cgi - 200

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob,

It sounds like the redirect isn't happening properly after the file has been unlocked.

Which version of IIS are you running? I can find an instance where the redirect could fail if you are using IIS version 4.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the prompt response. Im using IIS Version 5.1 (SP2).

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Hi,

I have since tried using the web interface with apache 2.2.4 and have no problems with unlocking the test cases with apache.

It is still a little strange that IIS was causing an issue with this.

FYI the machine that I was trying to use IIS with was:
        Microsoft Windows XP
        Professional
        Version 2002
        Service Pack 2
        Dell Optiplex GX620
        Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
        2.79 GHz, 504 MB of RAM

Comment

Thanks for the extra info confirming it as an IIS issue.

We'll do some testing on that particular version and see if we can find what the cause is.

Comment

From my testing it seems like a permissions problem, which shouldn't have made it an IIS specific problem as such (maybe the user Apache is running under had the correct permissions).

If the lockfile couldn't be created then it was displaying the locked message instead of an error message, so if you add write permissions to the database folder for the "Internet Guest Account" user you should be able to use IIS. In the next release an error message should be displayed in the case rather then the locked message.

Comment

Thats great, thanks - ill give it a try.

Rob

Comment

Unlocking file locks in web interface

I too am encountering this issue.
                I have given full permissions to the database folder for the "Internet Guest Account" user as you suggested but this does not solve the issue for me.

Any further ideas of what I could try?

Regards,
                Vince
                Last edited by Vince; Feb-20-2008, 03:25 PM. Reason: Added title

Comment

Hi Vince, could you please try adding the EBUGMODE: switch to the CGI config file and sending us a copy of the log file that is produced to see if there is any useful information logged about the error.

Comment

Unlocking file locks in web interface

Hi Tim,

I have now provide this by email.

Regards,
                    Vince

Comment

A bug was found when unlocking a file in the web version, this has been fixed in the current release and anyone experiencing the problem should re download the current version.

Comment

Working...
                      X