Vista Not showing Ap's, sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Not showing Ap's, sometimes

Hi. I am evaluating the program and I get mixed results on Vista. I am patched to whatever was available the morning of October 10th. I have an Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN card in a Dell Latitude 830 laptop. The intel driver is version 11.1.1.22 (latest from Dell and Intel website).

When I'm pre-connected to an AP and start the program, I see the connection information in the upper part of the summary but no AP's are shown in the list.

When I click on the disconnect icon, then the AP shows in the list.

If I re-connect within your program, then the AP still shows in the list, but I get no information in the upper section.

Thanks.

There is a beta build of the next release available that has several Vista improvements in it, could you please try http://www.passmark.com/ftp/wirelessmon2.0.1100.exe and let me know if there is an improvement.

Comment

The beta release has the same issue.

Comment

Could you please run WirelessMon with the DEBUGMODE command line parameter and send us the log file that is created.

Comment

The beta or production version?

Comment

The next release will be available in a few hours so it's probably best to wait for it to be released and use it.

Comment

Same issue -I'm connected to the AP but it doesn't show up in the list.

EDIT: Duplicate using eval version on another Dell model with a broadcom chipset. What are you using?
              Last edited by kreischl; Oct-18-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

The two laptops i've been using are both dells, an Inspiron 8600 and Inspiron
                700m, both with intel 2200BGs, as well as using a Netgear USB card.

If you could run the latest version in debug mode, starting WirelessMon while already connected to an access point and then disconnecting from within WirelessMon we'll take a look at what could be happening.

Comment

Something else I noticed - its showing channel number beyond 12, for example 32778.

Comment

Working...
                  X