Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Windows 7 64 Bits

Hi,
    I´m having some strange problem with wirelessmon on windows 7 64 bits, the application starts, but it stays on systray and it wont let me restore the app window , even if i right click the wirelessmon icon on systray no menu is displayed, it stays minimized (on tray) and doesn´t open... im not getting any error message it´s like the aplication is running but i can´t use it.
    Wirelessmon was working before, i don´t remember any major change on my sistem for it to stop working.
    Please, i´ll apreciate any help/tip you can give so i wont have to reinstal my OS again..GOD i HATE WINDOWS but im still using it! damn

Sorry my poor english
    Matias

Maybe the application is no longer running.
    We have seen instances of where windows doesn't remove icons in the system tray.

Did you try running WirelessMon again? Or rebooting then running it again.

I don't think the problem has anything to do with 64bit, or even Win7 in particular for that matter.

Comment

Thanks for your fast answer, im sure it´s running because i see the app on process tab, on app manager but it´s not on application tab....if i try to open wirelessmon again it says that "there is an other copy of the app running and opening 2 copies can cause inestability " (Or smth like that) ...y have tried oppening the 2nd copy anyway and i´ll get 2 process running but no window to control the aplication or right clik funcionality to close it from systray.

Comment

Can you try restarting your PC.

Comment

Restart the computer ? I´ve done that several times ...it´s the first windows thing i did...or you mean reinstalling the os again?

Comment

Could you please try deleting the WirelessMon config file, it should be located at "C:\ProgramData\PassMark\WirelessMon\configsetup.i ni", and then restarting WirelessMon. This is a hidden directory so you will need to change the folder options in Windows to show hidden file and directories.

If this has no effect could you please run WirelessMon in debug mode (using the command line parameter DEBUGMODE, more in the WirelessMon help) and send us the log file that is generated.

Comment

Thanks Timr, when i saw you gave me something to try i had hope again i wouldn´t have to reinstall de os again... but it didn´t work , y deleted the file you told me to, but when y opened wirelessmon it was still stucked in systray.
              I moved to create the debug file but i can´t, (probably im doing smthg wrong) here´s what i did:
              Right click on wirelessmon icon -> Properties --> and left the destination box like this:
              "C:\Program Files (x86)\WirelessMon\WirelessMon.exe" /DEBUGMODE
              But no file was generated on wirelesmonn directory

the other way i tryed on CMD was to reach \wirelessmon directory and write: WirelessMon.exe /debugmode

but again app launched but no file was generated.
              Please tell me if i´m doing something wrong

Guys i really apreciate your help you´re great!
              I wanted to tell you that I´m using your software for my grade tesis about wireless propagation models on 2.4ghz and how electromagnetic wave is afected by the human body. I´m making backup as i write this because in a few days we have to make some field measures for the investigation, and as last resource i´ll format my HD and reinstall windows and wirelessmon.
              I´ll wait as long as i can so i can send to you this report probably it will help to fix some bug or if there is no bug solving this will be useful to someone else in the future.

Thank you very much, Again i really apreciate all your help.

see you soon

Comment

Your first method by editing the shortcut should work but you don't need the leading /, so just DEBUGMODE.

The file should be created in C:\ProgramData\PassMark\WirelessMon (the Vista/Win7 data directory).

Comment

Thanks deleting the / solved the issue....here is the file and i sent also the setupconfig.ini just in case
                  I hope you can find out what´s the problem

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/416338310/Debug_Test.rar

Comment

The archive seems to be damaged (not a valid RAR file), could you please try sending it again or try a different format (eg zip).

Comment

i downloaded the file to other pc and worked just fine...check your winrar program probably there is something wrong on your pc too...LOL! Anyway here is a new link with no compressed file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41643400...onTestLog1.txt

Comment

Thanks for that, could you please send us an email (http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm) so we can send you a new debug build.

Comment

What is a debug buid?? (I´ve already sent the e-mail)

Comment

Thanks TimR, The debug build Worked fine! i´ve my wirelessmon working again...you are great people! Now i won´t have to restore my system.

Comment

Working...
                            X