Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper V1.3 Build 1001

Hello
    I have come across this software which i beleive it will help with my automating of my PC as a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) due to the wakeup in number of seconds feature.

What i need to understand is the Command Line syntax as it does not seem to work e.g.

"F:\C DRIVE\Download\_PassMark Sleeper\Sleeper.exe" sleeper –S3 –D 60

or is it

"F:\C DRIVE\Download\_PassMark Sleeper\Sleeper.exe" –S3 –D 60

These two lines are taken from shortcut settings. Also when i add the same syntax to my VB6 programme e.g.
    strPVR = "F:\C DRIVE\Download\_PassMark Sleeper\Sleeper.exe sleeper –S3 –D 60"
    it still does not work.
    Am i doing something wrong???
    Many thanks
    Mike

The command line for V1.3 is,

sleeper.exe -S1 -D 30

Which means to enter sleep state 1 for 30 seconds.

but depending on what directory you are in and in you are using a DOS window of some programming language you might need to add inverted comma and a full path and further changes.

For example,
    "C:\Program files\Sleeper\sleeper.exe" -S1 -D 30

And in C++ programming,
    "\"C:\\Program files\\Sleeper\\sleeper.exe\" -S1 -D 30"

We don't do any VB6 programming so we can't help you much in that regards.

Also in V2 of Sleeper (coming soon) there will be additional command line parameters.

-------
    David

Comment

How many seconds is the maximum?

Hello
      Many thanks for your previous reply

I tried to send a email to support@passmark.com but it got returned back to me, unable to send???

I am using your software to work with my Personal Video Software (PVR), the standby mode S3 by a number of seconds is exactly what I want. The difficulty I have is finding out what is the maximum number of seconds sleeper can except as the PC may need to be in standby mode for over 24 hours if I am away from home??

Also are you planning to update sleeper? As the ability to run a programme once out of sleep mode would be ideal.

Many thanks
      Mike Simmonds

Comment

The E-Mail support@ E-Mail address has been dropped. It was getting 200+ spam E-mails a day. The new E-mail address is help@

Entering a 24hour time period should be no problem.

V2.0 of sleeper is already available and we are planning some additional minor updates at the moment.

We have made a note of your feature request.

-------
        David

Comment

Working...
        X