X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ./pt_linux_x64 doesn't work on my x64 machine

$ ./pt_linux_x64 # there is no output
    $ strace ./pt_linux_x64 # prints
    execve("./pt_linux_x64", ["./pt_linux_x64"], [/* 33 vars */]) = -1 ENOEXEC (Exec format error)
    write(2, "strace: exec: Exec format error\n", 32strace: exec: Exec format error
    ) = 32
    exit_group(1) = ?
    +++ exited with 1 +++

and here is the information about my machine:
    Linux version 4.18.0 (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.11)) #1 SMP Fri Sep 24 02:26:50 CST 2021

sorry, it's because my file upload is incomplete

Comment

OK, glad you sorted it out.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        OK, glad you sorted it out.
        Unfortunately I have the same problem as the OP, but not a corrupted download. I'm running Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, and can't get past

./pt_linux_x64: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I already set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /snap/core18/2128/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu where I located libncurses.so.5 on my computer. However, I still get the same error message. What to do?

Thanks, Rainer

Comment

See the FAQ question: 'I am getting "error while loading shared libraries: libxxx.so.x: cannot open shared object file:
          No such file or directory?" error when I launch BurnInTest Linux from the command line, why?'

On this page: https://www.passmark.com/support/bitlinux_faq.php

Should apply for PerformanceTest as well.

- libncurses.so.5

Some newer versions of Linux are now shipping with a newer version of ncurses (6) than BurnInTest was built with (eg Fedora 25). If you see this error messages you should be able to install "ncurses-compat-libs" which will install a version 5 compatible ncurses library. You can do this with "yum install ncurses-compat-libs".

- libtinfo.so.5

Some distributions split the ncurses library into several files and others use a single file. If you are missing the libtinfo library you can create a link from the ncurses library to it. First check where the libncurses.so.5 library is being linked from by running the ldd command, eg "ldd bit_cmd_line_x32" it should be /lib or /usr/lib.

Then create links to the ncurses library like this (changing /lib to /usr/lib if necessary);
          ln -s /lib/libncurses.so.5 /lib/libtinfo.so.5
          ln -s /lib/libtinfo.so.5 /lib/libtinfo.so

When using a 64 bit version of linux and running bit_cmd_line_x64 you would need to link the 64 bit libraries;

ln -s /lib64/libncurses.so.5 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5
          ln -s /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libtinfo.so

Comment

The same problem with outdated ncurses lib on Ubuntu 21.10 (./pt_linux_x64: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory). The same will be with coming LTS release Ubuntu 22.04.
            Not possible to install "ncurses-compat-libs".
            Please compile with contemporary libraries.

Comment

You can still install libncurses5 in Ubuntu 21.10;

Code:
              sudo add-apt-repository universe
              sudo apt-get install libncurses5

Comment

Please compile with contemporary libraries
                Linux is a dumpster fire for binary compatibility.
                If we compiled with the newest library, then the software wouldn't work on even slightly old machines.

Comment

Working...
                X