Test 10 Failed - 10,000 errors - Corsair RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will take back to Umart
    They are just down the road from us, but we don't use them. Good luck with that

Comment

Hey, I signed up just to post in this thread, I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else here.

I'm running four sticks of CMK64GX5M2B5600C40 in my B650 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.2), with a 7950x3d. I only have between 5-20 errors on test 10 across all four passes, and it doesn't happen on every pass. On average it happens on 2/4 runs, not always the same amount of errors either, but the most I've seen is 20 total. I know one kit is definitely not faulty, it completes all four passes without issue when it's installed on it's own. The other kit I haven't tried on it's own yet, I received it ordering directly from Corsair to replace a different kit of the same ram that I bought from Canada Computers, the new kit has the same firmware version as the kit I returned (ver 3.43.04), and the kit I returned was DEFINITELY bad (many more errors on multiple tests), so I can see that possibly being the culprit here, though I haven't tried the new kit it on it's own yet, because well, this build has been a total nightmare to get up and running and I'm a little tired of taking it apart after two weeks ish of battling a myriad of other issues, most of which have nothing to do with ram, but I suppose I have to now!

I do have some more info to add that might be helpful. I tried to isolate test 10 on it's own to see if I could get it to consistently produce the same errors, and funnily enough, if you run the test on it's own, no problems whatsoever. You can run it as many times on it's own as you want, and at least in my experience of doing around 36 passes of it, most of which were consecutive, it'll never produce errors. Today I tried running just it and test 9, and it produced the exact same pattern of results as it does when ran with the other tests, so I think it has something to do with test 9 being ran before it. I've also ran memtest64, and that runs indefinitely without errors. Windows boots, and the system appears to be stable. No blue screens or random hangs like I was having with the bad kit that I returned, no games or apps have been crashing, so as far as stability goes under windows, no issues that I've noticed. I've also noticed that while running memtest64, the suspect sticks run about 10c hotter than the other sticks, topping out at 79-80c.

I wonder if this is some kind of software issue either with the RAMs firmware? I dunno, just a guess. I'm hesitant to RMA the new dimms, just because I already had to wait an additional week for shipping on these, and after around three weeks of this mess if you count waiting for RMAs and shipping, I really just want my machine to have its full specs up and running, but if that has to be done, WELP, waiting it shall be! Hopefully the extra data can be of some use.

Comment

Hey All,

Awesome thread has saved me a lot of time.

I've had the same issue with a CORSAIR purchase in Sep 2024 from Amazon FR. I was getting constant Windows dumps. Failing memtest86. One stick tests fine, the other fails every time. I've been running the one stick now for a day and had no issues.

PRIME B650M-A WIFI II
        AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core
        CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 6000MHz CL40 AMD EXPO

Comment

Working...
        X