Running BurnInTest from CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Can you please confirm that you are running from BartPE as these files are only skipped in the CD test if you are running BartPE (and yes it does not matter where you run BurnInTest from in this case)?

I did test this so I wonder if the BartPE detection is not quite right for your system. Can you confirm that when you start any tests you see the following message:
    Please note that only a subset of tests are supported under BartPE.
    Please refer to the online documentation.

If not, then we have a problem with BurnInTest detecting BartPE and we'll create a debug version of BurnInTest to investigate.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Hello Ian,

No need to apologise, don't want to sound cheesy but on a quality-cost-support ratio you provide an excellent product and support service.

I think you are on to this. Because we have just upgraded. I have merely slotted the new version into our existing procedures but with brand new bitcfg files. Therefore, I have always run BIT automatically to directly run a bitcfg file via a batch file. Under these conditions no BartPe message is displayed (nor would I want it to). When I run it manually the message indeed comes up. At present I am manually running a single test duty cycle of "CD-RW/DVD" at 100% and have completed 3 cycles wiyhout error. Not wishing to count my chickens before they're hatched I shall let this run for a couple of hours. If ok. I'll re-run via a bitcfg autoload.

Quck question, is there any way the coding does not check for BartPe under these circumstances?

I'll keep you updated.
      Regards,
      SteveA

Comment

Sorry, did speak too soon (I mis-read the three cycles).
        Just failed, same error as before but at least I can confirm the BartPe detect code is OK!

Any other ideas ?

Regards,
        SteveA

Comment

Hello All,

Sorry for being a bit pushy but have you had any time to look at this?
          In my defence, I hope you will agree I do allow a fair amout of time between update requests.

Regards,
          SteveA

Comment

I have had another look and now see what the problem with the earlier changes I made is. I am confident I have fixed it this time. We plan a limited release of a new version of BurnInTest V5.3.1000 on Friday with this change. I will send you a copy.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
            Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Working...
            X